Swiftclean is one of the UK’s longest established providers of duct cleaning services, providing comprehensive compliance solutions for building managers in all aspects of air and water hygiene as well as kitchen extract fire safety.
We work with building managers and FM companies, offering high-quality, expert advice and legally compliant services for Legionella Risk Assessments, Kitchen Extract Fire Safety Cleaning, Fire Damper Drop Testing, Water Tank Cleaning, Duct Cleaning and Grease Trap Management across a variety of business sectors.
Reasons to choose Swiftclean
Working closely with our clients in a technical partnership, we bring in-depth knowledge of all current legislation as well as industry codes of practice guidelines and buildings insurance clauses that affect the control of legionella and cleaning of ductwork, water tanks and kitchen extracts. We call this “The Science of Compliance”.
With nearly 4 decades of experience, you can be assured that Swiftclean is the right choice for you. Industry bodies including the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA), the Building Services Research & Information Association (BSRIA) and the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) have sought technical input from Swiftclean to develop their own technical advice and standards.
Feel confident that the company you select to help you to comply with essential Health & Safety and Fire Safety legislation & Insurance Policy Conditions is competent to do so. Swiftclean is a well-respected leader in this industry:
- Swiftclean employs and trains its own direct work force to carry out contracted work from strategically placed locations throughout the UK to ensure that you receive service excellence from trusted and expert service teams.
- Two of Swiftclean’s Directors assisted with the development and editing of BESA’s Guide to Good Practice ‘Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems’ (TR/17 First & Second editions & TR/19 2005). Most recently we assisted with the further enhancement of TR19® , (including TR19® Grease, released in 2019)
- Swiftclean’s Managing Director participated in the steering group that produced CIBSE’s Hygienic Maintenance of Office Ventilation Ductwork (TM26:2000). Both TR/19® & TM26 are guidance documents that are recognised by the HSE in HSG202 (General Ventilation in the Workplace Guidance for Employers).
- Swiftclean’s Health and Safety Director, who is NEBOSH certified, actively participates as a member of the BESA joint safety committee.
- Swiftclean’s Managing Director acts as an expert witness in kitchen extract fire litigation and is former chairman of the BESA Ventilation Hygiene Group Branch where much development work is undertaken for the good of all ventilation system users.
Swiftclean is part of the BESA Ventilation Hygiene Group and has assisted in developing four BESA accredited courses within ventilation.
- Ventilation Hygiene Operative
- Ventilation Hygiene Technician
- Grease Hygiene Operative – NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK
- Grease Hygiene Technician – NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK
These courses have replaced the BESA Green Book training competency which Swiftclean site staff previously achieved. All our service teams now undertake this new training to ensure that they have the technical skills and tools to undertake their essential work.
View essential advice from BESA on how to identify potential fire hazards in a grease extract ductwork system here: Fire Hazard advice from BESA.
ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised quality standard with which Swiftclean has been registered following independent auditing by a UKAS accredited auditing body (ACM). This gives the assurance that services are delivered within a framework of consistent quality.
ISO 14001 is an internationally recognised environmental standard with which Swiftclean has been registered following independent auditing by a UKAS accredited auditing body (ACM). It gives the assurance that Swiftclean delivers services with due regard to limiting their impact on the environment.
ISO45001 is an internationally recognised occupational health and safety management standard with which Swiftclean has been registered following independent auditing by an auditing body (ACM). It gives the assurance that Swiftclean delivers services within a safe management framework.
Swiftclean has accreditation through Achilles which helps organisations identify, assess, qualify and monitor suppliers throughout the supply chain.
Swiftclean has achieved Altius Assured Vendor Accreditation which we use to demonstrate our Health and Safety competence to clients. This is a nationally recognised Health and Safety certificate from an SSIP Member Scheme.
BESA members are required to demonstrate the competence of their business through an independent inspection and assessment against clearly defined technical and non technical standards. Swiftclean, a member since 1996, has been active within the Ventilation Hygiene Group Branch, assisting in the development, editing and updating of TR/17 and TR/19 & TR19® Grease, the UK’s recognised industry benchmark for ventilation system cleanliness.
Swiftclean is a member of the Ventilation Hygiene Elite Scheme, which was developed for the industry by the industry; it allows businesses to self-certify their specialist hygiene works to the required industry TR19® Specification.
Certificate status is in recognition of reaching the SAFE contractor health & safety standards in accordance with Ability to Sub-Contract works, Deep Cleaning, Internal Air Quality Testing, Kitchen Equipment Cleaning, Water Quality Testing, Water Treatment, Kitchen Extract Cleaning and Ventilation System Cleaning.
Swiftclean is accredited with the Contractors’ Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) having demonstrated compliance with, and sound management of, current basic Health & Safety legislation.
This certifies that Swiftclean has met pre-qualification requirements appropriate to public and private sector procurement. Approved work categories are; Heating & Ventilation, Potable Water & Waste Treatment, Tanks & Associated Services.
The Importance of competence to Legionella Control Association Standards
Legislative requirements for the control of Legionellosis put the responsibility for compliance clearly with the owner/operator of water systems. Under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations as regards risks from legionellosis, all owners and operators of buildings have a responsibility to ensure that the risk is controlled and kept to an acceptable level. The HSC’s Approved Code of Practice and Guidance (L8) stresses that whilst the tasks required to be undertaken to control the risk may be contracted to an external specialist, the owner/operator must take all reasonable care to ensure the competence of the service provider to carry out the work on his behalf.
To be registered with the Legionella Control Association LCA), member companies have every year to demonstrate their competence by submitting a statement of compliance which describes how they meet the Conditions of the LCA Code of Conduct for Service Providers. The service standards of the LCA are progressive therefore registered companies are expected to continually improve on their management systems in the provision of Legionella control services.
We aim to provide all our clients with an expert and top quality service on all matters of building services, health, safety and hygiene in Legionella Control, Kitchen Extract Cleaning, Duct Cleaning and Water Tank Cleaning to ensure our client’s premises are compliant, safe, healthy and legal. In order to ensure that our services meet your expectations, we offer a satisfaction guarantee.
- If you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our service, then simply let us know. We will continue working on the problem until you are completely delighted with our quality of work.
- In the unlikely event that, despite our exhaustive efforts, we cannot finish your job to your complete satisfaction, we will give you a full and courteous refund for the element you are unhappy with. No hassle, no questions asked and no hard feelings either.
- We will keep a watching eye on the changes to regulations relating to building service hygiene and duct fire safety and advise our regular customers of anything that they need to know to ensure their legal compliance.
years in business
successfully completed projects
days to provide compliance evidence
Swiftclean – a BESA member company
It’s important to us that we are members of BESA – the Building Engineering Services Association – and it should be important to you too.
This is a sign that you can rely on us consistently to do an efficient, cost effective, thoroughly professional and compliant job.
BESA members are regularly inspected, financially evaluated and expected to perform according to stringent pre-set criteria. As members, we adhere to the high working standards expected and we have robust processes in place which ensure the high quality of our finished work.
Through BESA, we have access to information and support which helps to keep us up to date on best practice; abreast of any changes in regulations; and current with revisions in the law concerning building services. Membership of BESA has helped us to achieve and maintain our deserved excellent reputation and, in turn, we have also been able to make our own significant contributions to developing many past and present BESA initiatives and to increasing professionalism across our industry.
Our BESA membership spells peace of mind for our clients.
You can read more about why you should use a BESA member here.