Working closely with our clients in a technical partnership, we bring in-depth knowledge of all current legislation as well as industry codes of practice guidelines and buildings insurance clauses that affect the control of legionella and cleaning of ductwork, water tanks and kitchen extracts. We call this “The Science of Compliance”.
Swiftclean is part of the BESA Ventilation Hygiene Group and as such is currently developing four BESA accredited courses within ventilation.
Ventilation Hygiene Operative
Ventilation Hygiene Technician
Grease Hygiene Operative – NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Grease Hygiene Technician
These courses will replace the BESA Green Book training competency which Swiftclean site staff previously achieved. Once the new courses have been completed and piloted, all of our service teams will be undertaking this new training to ensure that they have the technical skills and tools to undertake their essential work.
View essential advice from BESA on how to identify potential fire hazards in a grease extract ductwork system here: Fire Hazard advice from BESA.
With over 3 decades of experience, you can be assured that Swiftclean is the right choice for you. Industry bodies including the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA), the Building Services Research & Information Association (BSRIA) and the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) have sought technical input from Swiftclean to develop their own technical advice and standards.
Feel confident that the company you select to help you to comply with essential Health & Safety and Fire Safety legislation & Insurance Policy Conditions is competent to do so. Swiftclean is a well-respected leader in this industry:
- Swiftclean employs and trains its own direct work force to carry out contracted work from strategically placed locations throughout the UK to ensure that you receive service excellence from trusted and expert service teams.
- Two of Swiftclean’s Directors assisted with the development and editing of BESA’s Guide to Good Practice ‘Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems’ (TR/17 First & Second editions & TR/19 2005). We are currently assisting with the further enhancement of TR/19.
- Swiftclean’s Managing Director participated in the steering group that produced CIBSE’s Hygienic Maintenance of Office Ventilation Ductwork (TM26:2000). Both TR/19 & TM26 are guidance documents that are recognised by the HSE in HSG202 (General Ventilation in the Workplace Guidance for Employers).
- Swiftclean’s Service Delivery Director, who is NEBOSH certified, actively participates as a member of the BESA joint safety committee.
- Swiftclean’s Managing Director acts as an expert witness in kitchen extract fire litigation and is former chairman of the BESA Ventilation Hygiene Group Branch where much development work is undertaken for the good of all ventilation system users.
For more information please contact us.