Swiftclean, pioneers of the Ventilation Hygiene Industry, formed in 1982, have been active and significant technical contributors to a variety of ventilation hygiene sector standards and guidance documents published by industry bodies.
These include BSRIA (Building Services Research & Information Association), CIBSE (Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers) and The BESA (Building Engineering Services Association).
These publications have helped to shape good practice in our field. Quality training in line with these standards has always been within the DNA of Swiftclean, who have always championed the skills development for people in the wider ventilation hygiene trade. We are delighted to have been approved by BESA Training to deliver the Grease Hygiene Technician and Operative course.
This course will help operatives and supervisors conducting kitchen grease extract fire safety cleaning in our sector to better understand their responsibilities and the importance of fully complying with TR19® Grease to obtain competency certification from The BESA and will allow their businesses to meet the requirements of the BESCA VHE scheme.
Reserve your place
To book, complete the booking form below and press submit. Our accounts department will then contact you to take payment by credit card. Any queries, please either email email@example.com or ring 01702 531221.
Places are limited to 6 per course and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
An accredited Health & Safety Operative Training Certificate.
Each individual course costs £600 per person.
We offer discounts for multiple bookings as follows:
- 2-3 candidates £50 discount per person
- 4-6 candidates £75 discount per person
There will also be a discount of £50 per person if you are a member of BESA.
If you require a certificate from BESA when you pass the course, there will be an additional fee of £65 per person to obtain this.
- 50% of the invoice to be paid in advance to reserve places
- Balance of invoice to be paid 1 week prior to the course
- Once you have passed the course, you will be invoiced for your certificate which will be sent to you on receipt of payment.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are unable to supply lunches although tea, coffee and water will be supplied. Course training manuals, tutorial (theory and practical) and end of course assessments (theory and practical) will be supplied.
At this time we are unable to supply PPE so you will be expected to bring your own. This should consist of:
- Safety Footwear
- Safety Eyewear
- Gloves cut resistant to EN388-4 standard
- Head Protection (Bump Cap or Safety Helmet)
Swiftclean, Compliance House, Aviation Way, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6UN
Limited parking is available on site, otherwise, parking is available on the street.
There are 3 hotels near our training centre. See below for details:
|Hotel name and address||Distance from Swiftclean training centre||Hotel rating|
Skylark Hotel, Aviation Way, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6UN Tel: 01702
|5 minute walk||3 star|
Premier Inn Southend West, Thanet Grange, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6GB Tel: 0871 527 9008
|1.5 miles (5 minute drive)||3 star|
Holiday Inn Southend Airport, 77 Eastwoodbury Crescent, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6XG Tel: 01702 543001
|2.1 miles (6 minute drive)||4 star|
BESA Grease Hygiene Technician (GHT)
Building Services Engineering makes buildings work. Grease Hygiene Technicians (GHTs) play a key role in planning and completing a range of kitchen grease extract cleaning activities encompassing commercial building services engineering systems such as cooking canopy plenums, canopy hood-wash systems, electrostatic precipitators, extractor fan units, grease extract filters and ductwork.
GHTs carry out the cleaning of grease extract systems to support fire safety and the health & wellbeing of those working in kitchens. They prepare the work location for cleaning activities to be carried out. The cleaning work is methodically undertaken and to a very high level. GHT’s must have the necessary skills to cut and insert suitable access panels and carry out the correct cleaning methods and techniques to meet industry standards. Generally, they are referred to as the Person in Charge and carry out pre & post clean testing and reporting activities.
- Dealing with clients is an important aspect of work, to ensure cleaning activities are undertaken with minimum down time and impact on the buildings use.
- They should be able to demonstrate competence in health and safety, communication, quality control and environmental requirements appropriate to their scope of work.
- GHTs are able to work within occupied/unoccupied buildings and facilities, carrying out cleaning work proficiently, efficiently and economically. They carry out work in a professional manner and they must adhere to safe working practices without endangering themselves or others.
- During the course, testing will comprise of a multiple choice questionnaire along with observation of practical learning which includes inserting access panels and carrying out the cleaning of kitchen grease extract systems and associated components.
- Either through observation or professional discussion, a candidate must also demonstrate effective communication skills and behaviours to achieve genuine and demanding work objectives.
- The professional discussion is a structured discussion between the candidate and their end assessor and will be conducted during the practical activity. It will recognise areas which have not already been covered in the theory and practical assessment.
Terms and Conditions
- We do not refund the course fee deposit if you cancel your booking.
- In the event that we have to cancel a course, a full refund will be offered or an alternative course date.
- Places are limited to a maximum of 6 and will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Return this form by email for a provisional booking – places will be confirmed on receipt of payment.
- Swiftclean is not liable for any course expenses such as travel.
- We cannot guarantee the course attendees will achieve certification as this is reliant on the final results of the assessment process.
- BESA training terms & conditions will also apply. Contact us for more information.