Swiftclean are looking for a experienced and self motivated Compliance Monitoring Technician based in the Horsham, Surrey, Crawley, South London areas.
We are offering a competitive salary package, company vehicle and full equipment to carry out the role.
The company also invests money and time in to each person development and with the relevant training courses in place, see this role develop in to Risk Assessor position.
- To act as a surveyor of air and water quality on behalf of the company, carrying out various assessments for compliance at client premises throughout the UK. These include;
- Legionella in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L8
- Ventilation (BS EN 15780)
- To establish statutory compliance and benchmark systems against the industry recognised standards as appropriate.
- Liaise with customers, or their designated representatives, and agree an appropriate plan of action if non-conformances are identified.
Job Specific Functions
- Liaising with clients/customers to arrange site visits, details of work etc.
- Excellent time management to ensure works are carried out at and within the scheduled timings.
- Organising appropriate equipment necessary for the tasks in hand, and ensuring all equipment is functional and within calibration limits
- In conjunction with the Stores/Workshop Manager, is responsible for ensuring that all general and specialised equipment is maintained in a serviceable condition. Ensuring that where equipment is unserviceable due to ‘fair wear and tear’ it is replaced, and where deficiencies occur, or damage to equipment occurs through individual negligence/carelessness, the matter is reported to the Head of Surveying for investigation.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance tasks for the adequate control of Legionella bacteria;
- Temperature monitoring of water services (plant and distribution)
- Shower clean / descaling
- Water services plant inspection (i.e. cold water storage tanks, calorifiers etc.)
- Thermostatic mixer valve inspection and servicing
- Water sampling for microbiological analysis
- Facilitate surveying team for clean and disinfection of water services plant
- Strong technical knowledge on hot and cold domestic water systems
- Ability to look beyond the scope of works to identify potential non-conformances.
- Carry out Ventilation Surveys in accordance to BS EN 15780 / TR19 (training provided)
- Arrange travel where necessary, to and from clients’ sites
- Carry out assigned tasks in accordance to company method statements and procedures
- Liaising with client/site personnel with regards to work progress/issues
- Ensuring any progress issues or problems on site are communicated to the office immediately
- All site findings and recommendations to be recorded in full, via the use of a Digital Compliance System (Geopal and AquaAdept)
- Representing the company and promoting a professional image in the market place
- Setting a good and professional example to others and ensure that customers and staff are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner
- Ensuring adherence to company procedures
- Liaising with the sales team on important site issues and remedial works required
- Supporting other members of the surveying team when possible
- To act in accordance with the Company Code of Conduct (Ref: POL037) at all times when engaged on Company duties, in any capacity and at any location.
- Although the Compliance Monitoring Technician is not the budget holder, they are responsible for ensuring that their job is completed within the allotted costs.
- Liaise with office for job planning to ensure better productivity
Will be comfortable working with the company values of Honesty, Ownership and Respect and personally demonstrate this ethos day to day with colleagues and customers alike.
A confident and practical individual with good attention to detail and the ability to work alone or within a team.
An understanding of the tasks required to be completed, and willingness to complete the work assigned to a high standard. If problems arise on site, they must be able to identify and communicate these concerns to relevant parties, in a clear and concise manner.
The candidate should also possess good communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be good with personal time management, well presented, IT literate and have sound mathematical skills. A driving licence is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Horsham, Surrey, Crawley, South London areas – Field Based
Salary: Salary Dependent on Experience