We are currently recruiting for an experienced sales professional in this sector, who is not only an account/key account manager, but someone who knows the market, can prove their year-on-year success of developing the sales pipeline/funnel and can sell into both new and existing business, and account management experience. The right candidate will need to command the respect of the current sales team and potentially support Swiftclean in building growth within our water services division.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Sales Manager – Legionella will be to:
- Head the national sales, growth and turnover objectives for the Legionella service of Swiftclean
- Secure new business, develop existing customer account sales and cross-sell all Swiftclean services within defined accounts
- Contribute senior sales expertise to all Swiftclean business functions to contribute to service and process delivery excellence for legionella services
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead the successful development of the national sales, growth and turnover of legionella services within acceptable levels of gross margin
- To lead the cross-selling of Legionella services into company-wide accounts working in conjunction with the directors and existing sales, national account and tender teams
- To achieve agreed sales targets in line with the overall company budget and sales targets.
- To be an ambassador providing a national sales lead, presence in industry and to reasonably be available to support national networking, awards, events or similar
- To mentor, coach, train, support and or manage secondment and sales team staff as required and as the role of Sales Manager – Legionella develops over time
- To selectively support tender applications and contribute sales input to the national tender team in agreement and or as required by directors
- To undertake the leadership of both the commercial and technical discussions of legionella services with customers, supporting the client in the identification of remedial works which are essential and advisory to ensure their compliance, as required providing offering consultancy support to the client and negotiating solutions to specific customer problems
- To secure new business, develop existing customer account sales and cross-sell all Swiftclean services within defined accounts
- To be instrumental in planning, co-ordinating and implementing a sales pipeline to ensure sales budgets and targets under your responsibility and control are achieved
- To proactively search, qualify, target, call, visit, negotiate, secure and develop major new and existing business client contracts, requests for quotations (RFQ’s) and business tenders in order to ensure the achievement of sales targets and objectives.
- To update, and where applicable enforce the updating of, the central CRM system on ongoing basis and to a very high standard.
- To proactively communicate and participate as required with the members of the commercial, technical, customer Services, project/proposals management and operations departments.
- To actively monitor market trends and competitor activity.
- Able to demonstrate over five years’ of direct business development, sales, turnover growth at acceptable gross margins and success in the water hygiene services
- Able to demonstrate over three years of successful development and performance when managing and mentoring a water hygiene services sales and or business development team
- Able to demonstrate professional and disciplined sales training and approach to include but limited to formal sales training by a nationally recognised sales institute or body
- Able to demonstrate effective mentoring and training of business development and sales staff in water hygiene and legionella services
- To be educated at degree level, demonstrate continual improvement by way of training and be willing to reasonably undergo training funded by Swiftclean to support technical, sales and managerial progression
- Able to demonstrate five years of success in developing impressive lead generation and sales pipeline to include telephone prospecting, client facing meetings, presentations and negotiations at local and national levels
- Capability in leading complex sale success at a both a commercial and technical level, working at Director-level downwards.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of sales processes and direct sales skills.
- To demonstrate your experience, initiative and contribution in defining, planning and implementing sales and marketing, plans, sales forecasts and sales targets for sales and business development under your responsibility.
- Able to be office based in Leicester and prepared to reasonably travel for the business up to approximately an average of 25% of the time in order to fulfil the requirements of a national role.
- To be highly self-motivated, inspirational to your colleagues and agent network, able to work independently and act as an effective company ambassador
- To ensure the use, updating and integration of CRM and the recording of critical KPI activities throughout the sales, business development and account management process.
- To be prepared and master the company’s, and its competitor, product knowledge, services and sectors.
- To be competent in initiating, preparing and interpreting sales, marketing and management information and internally report and communicate within agreed format and timeframes.
- To work as a member of the management team and to professionally engage with all staff and business functions to ensure the very best new business sales and business development success for the company.
- Experience in creating and implementing tactical marketing plans and campaigns.
- A Marketing qualification or marketing three years of success in integrating marketing activities to drive the sales pipeline and lead generation.
- Formal technical qualifications in water hygiene
- An advanced business management qualification
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Leicester/ Midlands – Field Based
Salary: Salary Dependent on Experience