The kitchen grease extract system presents particular hazards due to the potential for the accumulation of grease, which forms a hidden combustion load. In order to minimise this potential fire risk, kitchen extract ductwork should be professionally cleaned on a regular basis, in accordance with the BESA specification TR19® Grease.
The Health & Safety Executive and industry and insurance guidance and regulations stipulate that kitchen extract systems should be kept maintained at a suitable level of cleanliness to minimise fire and other risks.
Furthermore, the BESA specification TR19® Grease ‘Fire Risk Management of Grease Accumulation within Kitchen Extraction Systems’ provides specific guidance on methods of measuring and defining cleanliness as a bench mark for good practice and fire risk control.
Building Managers are required to:
- Identify and assess sources of risk
- Prepare a scheme for preventing or controlling the risk
- Appoint a person to be managerially responsible
- Implement and manage precautions
- Keep records of the precautions implemented
Swiftclean offer Kitchen Extract maintenance and fire risk control services to help you ensure that your kitchen remains healthy, safe, legal and compliant:
Get a quote
- FREE quotation/technical advice – Nationwide – call 0800 243 471
- Complete satisfaction or your money back guaranteed
- Inspections to ensure compliance with current Health & Safety regulations
- Rapid response to your needs
- Inspection methods in line with BESA TR19®Grease specification
- Full inspection reports provided and benchmarked to recognised levels.
Click here to see if you’re compliant or call us now for an initial appointment to discuss your requirements on 0800 243 471.CHECK YOUR COMPLIANCE