Kitchen Extract Compliance
The kitchen grease extract system presents particular hazards due to the potential for the accumulation of grease, which forms a hidden combustion load. The Health & Safety Executive and industry and insurance guidance and regulations stipulate that kitchen extract systems should be kept clean to minimise fire and other risks. And the BESA Association document TR19 ‘Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems’ provides specific guidance on methods of measuring and defining cleanliness as a bench mark for good practice.
Building Managers are required to:
- Identify and assess sources of risk
- Prepare a scheme for preventing or controlling the risk
- Appoint a person to be managerially responsible
- Implement and manage precautions
- Keep records of the precautions implemented
Swiftclean offer Kitchen Extract services to help you ensure that your kitchen remains healthy, safe, legal and compliant:
Find out now if your kitchen extract is compliant with the latest BESA TR/19 guidance document with the Swiftclean Kitchen Extract compliance checker.
Contact us to find out more.