This Legionella awareness training course provides learners who are involved in controlling legionella bacteria in a building or site with the knowledge and understanding of what Legionnaires disease is. We will show how it can affect lives and what needs to be done to control the risks associated with legionella bacteria through water monitoring.
Who is this course for?
This Legionella awareness training course is designed for those who are responsible for the day to day management of legionella control and for maintaining on site logbooks. This may not be the appointed ‘Responsible Person or Duty Holder’, however they have an involvement in facilitating the control of legionella bacteria within the premises.
What does it cover?
- History of Legionnaires’ Disease
- Infection & Transmission
- UK Legislation & Guidance
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- Control of Legionella Bacteria in Hot & Cold Domestic Water Systems
- Control of Legionella Bacteria in ‘Other’ Water Systems
- Control of Legionella Bacteria – Shared Premises
- Control of Legionella Bacteria – Fault Management
- Records and Logbooks
- Practical training
About our trainer
Our trainer has been involved in the Legionella Management and Control industry as a Legionella consultant for 12 years. His qualifications include:
- The Water Management Society: Basic and Advanced Risk Assessment of Water Systems, including Cooling Towers and HTM 04:01
- City & Guilds Legionella Risk Assessment Refresher
- City & Guilds Disinfection of Domestic Water Systems
- City & Guilds thermostatic mixer valve servicing
- IOSH qualified
Reserve your place
To book, complete the booking form below and press submit. Our accounts department will then contact you to take payment by credit card. Any queries, please either email email@example.com or ring 01702 531221. Places are limited to 6 per course and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please call us on 0800 243 471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for latest dates.
The course will last for half a day. It starts at 9am and finishes at approximately 12.30pm
We have two types of Legionella training available:
- We can carry out the training at our training centre in Southend-on-Sea
Cost for training at Swiftclean centre: £60 + VAT per person
- If you have suitable premises, we are happy to come to your offices and carry out the training there.
Cost for training at your premises: £600 + VAT per course (up to a maximum of 50 delegates)
Please call us on 0800 243 471 or email email@example.com to book your space.
Swiftclean, Compliance House, Aviation Way, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6UN.
There are 3 hotels near our training centre. See below for details:
|Hotel name and address||Distance from Swiftclean training centre||Hotel rating|
|Skylark Hotel, Aviation Way, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6UN Tel: 01702||5 minute walk||3 star|
|Premier Inn Southend West, Thanet Grange, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6GB Tel: 0871 527 9008||1.5 miles (5 minute drive)||3 star|
|Holiday Inn Southend Airport, 77 Eastwoodbury Crescent, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6XG Tel: 01702 543001||2.1 miles (6 minute drive)||4 star|
Terms and Conditions
- We do not refund the course fee deposit if you cancel your booking.
- In the event that we have to cancel a course, a full refund will be offered or an alternative course date.
- Places are limited to a maximum of 6 and will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Return this form by email for a provisional booking – places will be confirmed on receipt of payment.
- Swiftclean is not liable for any course expenses such as travel.
- We cannot guarantee the course attendees will achieve certification as this is reliant on the final results of the assessment process.
- BESA training terms & conditions will also apply. Contact us for more information.