Customer L8 Login Customer Contract Login

Cooking up a fire

By June 8, 2015News

Even the healthiest school meals produce airborne fat, oil and grease from cooking. As they cool, they create deposits on the inside of kitchen extract ductwork and these become a potential fire hazard which must be removed periodically for safety. Assessors tell us that grease deposits help to spread and accelerate a fire, making it worse and causing greater damage. This can also compromise your buildings insurance so there is no payout in the event of fire.

Swiftclean performs Kitchen Extract Fire Safety Cleaning to TR/19 standards to help schools to comply with their legal obligations and safeguard their insurance policies. Negligence in this area can lead to prosecution or even imprisonment, so find out if you comply now with our handy compliance checker. If you know your system needs cleaning, simply call us now on 0800 114 3696.