Customer L8 Login Customer Contract Login

School meals – a fire hazard?

By April 20, 2015News

Airborne fat, oil and grease produced by cooking causes deposits to form on the inside of kitchen extract ductwork. In the event of a fire, assessors tell us that fire spreads and accelerates through grease-laden ductwork posing greater risks to life. Grease-laden ductwork can also compromise your buildings insurance.

Swiftclean carries out Kitchen Extract Fire Safety Cleaning to TR/19 standards to help schools to comply with their legal obligations and safeguard their insurance policies.  Negligence in this area can lead to prosecution or even imprisonment, so find out if you comply now with our handy compliance checker.  If you know your system needs cleaning, simply call us now on 0800 114 3696 .