Swiftclean will undertake cleaning and refurbishment of all manner of water systems and associated pipe work, from a 50 litre domestic tank to a massive man-made reservoir. Major savings can be made by internal refurbishment – the coating or lining of an existing tank, rather than a costly replacement.
Swiftclean are registered with the Legionella Control Association to reassure you of our competence in Legionella Control works.
L8 the Approved Code of Practice & Guidance for the Control of Legionella bacteria in water systems requires, water storage tanks to be inspected annually. The tank should be clean and free from debris and the water shiny. If this is not the case then the water tank should be cleaned and disinfected. If corrosion is occurring then this should be made good.
Swiftclean water tank refurbishment services
Water tanks are refurbished in situ using special tungsten carbide scrappers to loosen and remove adhered oxide, scale and debris. Tank walls are flushed and dried before the application of special tried and tested coatings which can be given a lifetime guarantee. New lids, insulation, screened overflows and vents are installed and pipe work modifications are made to rectify stagnation. Hot water vent pipes are routed away from the tanks to a tundish to prevent the risk of cold water temperature elevation.
Where necessary Swiftclean will supply temporary tanks or bypass systems to maintain a constant water supply so no shut down period is necessary. Alternatively work is carried out at times which cause the least disruption to those using the water system.
Once a water storage system has received a Swiftclean refurbishment the tanks should be examined annually to comply with regulations, then where necessary cleaned and disinfected. It is a much more cost effective operation to service a tank that has already been brought to pristine condition. On completion of every contract a certificate of completion will be issued.
In addition to this Swiftclean offer:
- FREE Quotation/Technical advice – Nationwide – call 0800 243 471
- Works carried out in accordance with the Legionella Control Association (LCA) code of conduct
- Risk Assessments and control schemes carried out to L8 2000, BSRIA and CIBSE guidelines
- All works fully certified and legionella control log books provided
- Water tank refurbishment and all legionella control remedial services offered using fully trained directly employed staff
- Method Statements and Risk Assessments provided site specific as required
- Cleaning to ensure compliance with current Health & Safety regulations
- Refurbishment of water storage tanks in line with L8 to ensure your compliance with current Health & Safety regulations
Contact us for more information or for your FREE, no obligation quote.