Grease traps or interceptors are located between a restaurant’s drains and the sewage drains to permit the separation and collection of Food waste, Fats, Oils and Grease (FFOG) from the used water, preventing such materials from entering the public wastewater system.
The grease trap may be located inside of the restaurant or outside. Typically large restaurants or school kitchens will have their grease trap located outside, usually in the ground, while facilities with smaller traps can usually house theirs indoors, typically under the sinks.
Swiftclean grease trap cleaning compliance services
- Carry out quarterly service clean and check of the grease trap to determine it is effective in FOG control
- Ensure suitability of grease trap to meet demand
- Implement the use of a friendly bacteria additive to reduce the build-up of FFOG and other organic waste
- Assess the function of automatic injection pumps to pump friendly bacteria into the waste trap at set intervals for virtually maintenance free treatment
- Keep a maintenance log
- Advise on the most appropriate grease maintenance system for your specific needs
Get a quote
More resources and best practice
Many problems can occur if levels of collected FFOG are not monitored and controlled. These include drain blockages and back-ups, foul odours and too much FFOG being deposited into the drain lines and sewer system. Over time, this will produce a solid mass that will begin to obstruct the flow of waste water and cause sewage to back up.
The easiest way to solve this problem is to prevent FFOG from entering the sewer system in the first place. As the owner you have a legal responsibility to ensure that proper maintenance regimes are in place and failure to do so effectively can lead to punitive fines.
- FREE Quotation/Technical advice – Nationwide – call 0800 243 471
- Complete satisfaction or your money back guaranteed
- Inspections to ensure compliance with current Health & Safety Regulations
- Rapid response to your needs
- A post clean report that will be included as a section in your kitchen extract post clean report which can be found on Swiftclean’s client web portal
- Initiate and keep a maintenance log on Swiftclean’s client web portal
- All works fully certified and inspection reports provided