This qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding of the effects of legionella bacteria on the body and the impact an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease would have on a working site/building.
This online course covers how to identify and control the risks associated with legionella bacteria and how legislation and codes of practice can support its control. It is also designed to enforce the importance of the Responsible Person in respect of ensuring competence of all operatives on the site.
This level 3 qualification is comparable to the A level standard through the Regulated Qualifications Framework.
Who is this course for?
If you are a Duty Holder, Responsible or Deputy Responsible Person relating specifically to the control of Legionella on your site, then this course will be suitable for you.
What does it cover?
- Legionellosis – background – medical aspects
- Legal implications
- ACOP and guidance on the control of legionella in water systems
- Implementation of the written scheme
- Water sampling and necessary actions
- Ensuring competency of staff, consultants and contractors
- Water systems disinfection requirements
- Management of log book records
About our trainer
Our trainer is a fully independent water hygiene consultant and NHS Authorising Engineer with over 20 years’ experience of water management, water hygiene and safety, and legionella control. He specialises in providing advice and support to a variety of organisations for compliance with statutory obligations, codes of practice and general guidance, and developing cost-effective and appropriate risk-based solutions.
His current appointments include: Bristol University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust and Cardiff & Vale University Health Board. He is also an auditor for the Legionella Control Association.
Reserve your place for 14th April 2021
To book, complete the booking form below and press submit. Our accounts department will then contact you to take payment by credit card. Any queries, please either email email@example.com or ring 01702 531221.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will run our next Legionella training course online. This will be on Wednesday 14th April 2021.
The legionella training course will last for one day. It starts at 9am and finishes at 5pm.
The one day course costs £188 + VAT per person.
To reserve a place on the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 243471
This is an online course.
Terms and Conditions
- We do not refund the course fee deposit if you cancel your booking.
- In the event that we have to cancel a course, a full refund will be offered or an alternative course date.
- We cannot guarantee the course attendees will achieve certification as this is reliant on the final results of the assessment process.