This qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding of the effects of legionella bacteria on the body and the impact an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease would have on a working site/building.
The course covers how to identify and control the risks associated with legionella bacteria and how legislation and codes of practice can support its control. It is also designed to enforce the importance of the Responsible Person in respect of ensuring competence of all operatives on the site.
This level 3 qualification is comparable to the A level standard through the Regulated Qualifications Framework.
Who is this course for?
If you are a Duty Holder, Responsible or Deputy Responsible Person relating specifically to the control of Legionella on your site, then this course will be suitable for you.
What does it cover?
- Legionellosis – background – medical aspects
- Legal implications
- ACOP and guidance on the control of legionella in water systems
- Implementation of the written scheme
- Water sampling and necessary actions
- Ensuring competency of staff, consultants and contractors
- Water systems disinfection requirements
- Management of log book records
About our trainer
Our trainer is a fully independent water hygiene consultant and NHS Authorising Engineer with over 20 years’ experience of water management, water hygiene and safety, and legionella control. He specialises in providing advice and support to a variety of organisations for compliance with statutory obligations, codes of practice and general guidance, and developing cost-effective and appropriate risk-based solutions.
His current appointments include: Bristol University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust and Cardiff & Vale University Health Board. He is also an auditor for the Legionella Control Association.
Reserve your place for 24th September
To book, complete the booking form below and press submit. Our accounts department will then contact you to take payment by credit card. Any queries, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01702 531221.
Places are limited to 6 per course and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently restricting the number of Legionella training courses we hold. Our next course will be on Thursday 24th September and will be limited to a maximum of 6 attendees.
COVID-19 protection procedures will be in place in line with current government guidance. This will include temperature checking.
The legionella training course will last for one day. It starts at 9am and finishes at 5pm.
The one day course, including a sandwich lunch and refreshments throughout the day costs £295 + VAT per person.
To reserve a place on the course, please email email@example.com or call 0800 243471
Places are limited to 6 attendees and will be booked strictly on a first come, first served basis.
50% of the cost is to be paid in advance to reserve your place with the balance to be paid 1 week prior to the course start date.
Swiftclean, Compliance House, Aviation Way, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6UN.
There are 3 hotels near our training centre. See below for details:
|Hotel name and address||Distance from Swiftclean training centre||Hotel rating|
|Skylark Hotel, Aviation Way, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6UN Tel: 01702|
|5 minute walk||3 star|
|Premier Inn Southend West, Thanet Grange, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6GB Tel: 0871 527 9008|
|1.5 miles (5 minute drive)||3 star|
|Holiday Inn Southend Airport, 77 Eastwoodbury Crescent, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6XG Tel: 01702 543001|
|2.1 miles (6 minute drive)||4 star|
Terms and Conditions
- We do not refund the course fee deposit if you cancel your booking.
- In the event that we have to cancel a course, a full refund will be offered or an alternative course date.
- Places are limited to a maximum of 6 and will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Your email will constitute a provisional booking – places will be confirmed on receipt of 50% of course cost.
- Swiftclean is not liable for any course expenses such as travel/hotels.
- We cannot guarantee the course attendees will achieve certification as this is reliant on the final results of the assessment process.